This is the discussion page on the policy and procedures of ICWiki. Feel free to post questions/comments... Be sure to sign your work. -eric
- Change look and feel to work with rest of ic.org. Include navbars to get people back to rest of ic.org site
- If you have a sample page with the new look and feel of the ic.org side, I can work on changing the wiki side to match. Will look at developing a custom skin, then can set it as the default.
- Include navbars for categories within the wiki. Establish initial set of categories and subcategories and get those pages set up.
- I will take a look at this one and see how it is done.
- Integrate login system with rest of ic.org site login system.
- Definitely in your court. You might also look at the possibility of automatically populating the wiki's user table when creating a new ic.org user. The wiki::mw_user table has a tinyblob, not sure exactly how they are using it, but definitely looks like more than just md5($password).
- Have adequate instructions and help documents so users know how to use the site and how to edit the site.
- Incorporate appropriate content from
- Seems like some articles FIC has written we don't want to allow people to edit. Is this true? Yes Which ones? Your call How do we make this work?
- The admin user 'wiki' can mark any page as read only - I changed the 'About ICWiki'. Just go to the 'protect' tab (or 'unprotect' tab if already protected). This is an administrative privaledge only. Regular users cannot protect/unprotect anything.
- How do we indicate it on the site?
- The wiki does it for us. A non-admin user can only 'view code' instead of 'edit' a protected page
- How do we still allow commentary on them but leave the original intact. Other articles are probably fine to put as starting points and then let people edit them as with any normal wiki page.
- The 'discussion' pages (like this one) have seperate editing. Like this page, the page is protected, while the discussion is editable.
- What is our copyright policy?
- We just have to write it and stick it on Project:Copyrights
- What is our goal/mission?
- Let's write it and stick it at the top of ICWiki:About
- How do we resolve disputes or deal with inappropriate content? Specifically I'm worried about people trashing one or more communities in a public forum.
- Good question. Don't know. I would imagine that inappropriate content is deleted/backed out (by an administrative group - or whoever find it). Admin will need to check the 'recent changes' pages every few days. Admin can then warn the user by email, and ban their IP in extreme cases.
- We'll need something that makes it clear FIC is not responsible for all the opinions expressed.